At St Luke’s Academy, English is a core subject. We understand and value the importance of reading, writing, and communication and use it to prepare our students to become lifelong and independent learners. We have a number of aims:
- To help students develop a love for reading.
- To develop students’ communication skills so that they become enthusiastic and knowledgeable speakers, listeners, readers, and writers.
- For our students to understand the importance of standard English and how and why it is used.
- To help students express their ideas, feelings, experiences, aspirations, and hopes through the use of language.
- To ensure students leave St Luke’s Academy with an English GCSE/entry-level qualification so they are equipped to continue their education or pursue employment in the wider world.